On July 6, 2018 USTR imposed tariffs to a variety of commodities manufactured in China and this has and will continue to impact the electronic component industry.
The USTR released additional HTS codes on Chinese imported good, effective Thursday August 23, 2018.
July 6th, 2018 list:
August 23, 2018 additional
The tariff ONLY applies to commodities that meet ALL the following criteria:
- Country of Origin (COO) is China (Taiwan or Hong Kong are excluded)
- Harmonized Code(s) is contained in the above lists.
Potential Options for Consideration
- Shipping into a bonded warehouse location: Please discuss with your account manager if you have a bonded warehouse for future shipments.
- Parts can be delivered to sites outside of the United States.
- Exclusions can be requested: https://ustr.gov/issue-areas/enforcement/section-301-investigations/request-exclusion
Advanced MP will update pricing when needed to reflect tariff costs on affected part numbers. All pricing quoted may be subject to said tariff, if the products meet the conditions noted above.
AMPT understands the impact that these tariffs have on our customers and the industry. We remain fully committed to working with our customers to minimize any negative financial impact.