In order to help our customers increase their profitability and reduce component cost, AMPT provides Cost Reduction Programs (CRP) customized to fit our individual customers needs.
Through global sourcing optimization and proactive planning from your BOM, our team of highly experienced and resourceful purchasing agents in America, Europe and Asia are able to find the components you need at the best price available in the market. We utilize our professional allies and business partners to reduce the total cost of ownership for our customers.
This information allows our customers to make key decisions on:
- Volume component buys
- Performing life-cycle cost analysis
- Benchmarking and cost optimization exercises
- Direct negotiations to help drive down cost initiatives with OCM annually and/or quarterly
- Solving issues in the supply chain process
We continuously compare specific BOM(s) with our global database to offer potential savings to our customer’s TCO.
Real examples of BOM savings
- We have been able to provide multiple customers with an annual savings of 10%
- LTB and cost savings: Providing alternate options for placing LTB orders and being able to discover cost savings in the process. Product was procured, allocated, and scheduled monthly over a three year period.
- Obsolete parts: Brand new components in stock and available for a scheduled delivery. AMPT was able to save on our customers’ bottom line by being aware when components are about to become opbsolete. If the component has already become obsolete, we find a good value or a suggested replacement, as soon as possible.